Computer use can be monitored, and it is impossible to completely clear your history. There is always a "trail" but clicking the safety exit button will take you away from this site quickly. If you are afraid your internet and/or computer usage is being monitored, please use a safe computer or call us using a safe phone at

(253) 383-4275

COVID-19 Resources
July 23, 2020
Types of Protective Orders
May 6, 2020

Substance Use & Recovery

Tacoma Needle Exchange
Exchange Locations
Central Tacoma - 14th Street + G Street
Hours: 10 am - 1 pm | Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri
Pierce County Health Dep. - 3629 S. D Street
Hours: 11 am - 4 pm | Mon, Wed, Fri
Phone: (253) 272-4857
Services include safe injection supplies, naloxone training and distribution, safer sex supplies, and referrals for medication-assisted treatment and other medical services. Outreach staff attempts to meet people where they are at and to help them address their needs in the safest and healthiest way possible, free of judgment and stigma.

Outpatient Substance Use Disorder Services at Lakeside-Milam Recovery Centers - Puyallup
405 West Stewart Avenue, Puyallup, WA 98371
Phone: 1-800-231-4303
Provides comprehensive outpatient services for individuals with substance use disorder and their families. Consultations offer a free assessment with a counselor to determine eligibility for services. Offers a 72-hour Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program consisting of Phases I and II.
Phase I: Program consists of individual counseling, alcohol and drug education, and group therapy. - Meets five evenings weekly over four weeks for adult program, three evenings weekly over eight weeks for adolescent program.
Phase II: Meets one night per week. Adult program lasts 26 weeks, adolescent program 10 weeks. Includes ongoing group therapy sessions and family group counseling. Day program is also available. Individual, group counseling is available. Group therapy is monitored for deferred prosecution. Court Referral Service evaluates client's involvement with alcohol and other drugs and recommends an appropriate course of action.

Northwest Integrated Health
24 Hour Referral Line: (253) 200-0300
5929 Westgate Blvd., STE A, Tacoma WA 98406
Phone: (253) 503-0226
9720 S. Tacoma Way, Lakewood WA 98499
Phone: (253) 503-3666
3800 3rd St SE, Puyallup WA, 98347
Phone: (253) 200-0415
Receive treatment for opioid addiction. Offers patient-centered, comprehensive, integrated treatment model. When a patient contacts a treatment center, they get assessed by a physician and chemical dependency professional. Evidence-based treatment options are discussed with the patient, and a treatment plan which offers the best outcomes is devised.

Pioneer Human Services
758 St. Helens Ave., Tacoma WA 98402
Phone: (253) 274-0484
Specialize in treating people with criminal justice involvement and those struggling with co-occurring disorders.
Counseling Request Form

New Phoebe House
712 MLK Jr. Way, Tacoma WA
Phone: (253) 383-7710
Transitional housing services and support for Pierce County mothers and children, or pregnant mothers impacted by substance abuse, or are in recovery. Must be homeless and cannot be on suboxone or methadone.

MDC - Detoxification Center
721 Fawcett Ave. Suite 100, Tacoma WA, 98402
Phone: (253) 593-2413
MDC provides 24 hours/7 days per week medically supervised chemical dependency detoxification services for adults and youth over the age of 13. Crisis stabilization is provided for youth that are impacted by substance abuse.

MDC - The Center for Substance Abuse Recovery
721 Fawcett Ave, Suite 201, Tacoma WA, 98402
Phone: (253) 593-2740
If you have been ordered by a court to seek treatment, if you aren’t sure where to begin, or you want help but you don’t know what to do, our staff is here to get you started. We can answer your questions, schedule an assessment, and develop a treatment plan that suits your individual needs.

Oxford House
Oxford Houses of Washington State is a group of self-run, self-supported recovery houses that provide an opportunity for every recovering individual to learn a clean and sober way of life–forever. Any recovering alcoholic or drug addict can apply to get into any Oxford House by filling out an application and being interviewed by the existing members of the House. The application is then considered by the membership of the House and if there is a vacancy and 80% of the members approve, the applicant is accepted and moves in. If an applicant does not get voted into one house he or she should try another house in the area. The Oxford House website contains an application and information about how to apply to live in an Oxford House.
Current Vacancies

Neighborhood House
Contact an OSH advocate for a referral
Through the Neighborhood House Project Handle Program, they integrate substance abuse and mental health treatment; HIV and hepatitis counseling, testing and medical care; homelessness services, and prevention services all under one roof. Their program provides outreach to recruit clients, case management, linkage to the Coordinated Entry system, mental health, co-occurring disorders, and other wrap-around services.

Contact Us